Founded in 1947, Chonbuk National University (CBNU) is a comprehensive, research university in South Korea. The university is located in Jeonju, which means the ‘perfect area,’ the capital of North Jeolla Province. The city features historical values and urban features at the same time. The Korean Government established one national university per province in South Korea. These national universities are known as flagship national universities, which aim to provide higher education throughout the country.
CBNU started with five colleges with 16 departments. Now the university has grown larger to provide more study options for residents in the region. Today, CBNU has seven campuses and it houses 15 colleges with 100+ departments and 120+ graduate and post-graduate courses. Provided degree courses include nursing, agriculture and life science, law, education, social sciences and humanities, veterinary, fine arts, medicine, dentistry, engineering and more.
The university has expanded not only in size, but also in its research capabilities. It houses some of the world’s best research centers including High Enthalpy Plasma Research Center, Korean Zoonosis Research Institute, and Los Alamos National Laboratory and more. These research facilities allow researchers and students to conduct any kind of research they want. The university’s researcher-friendly atmosphere leads to achieving globally recognized research outcomes. Some projects have been introduced on ACS Nano, AFM and Small.
Excellent research outcomes have garnered international attention and the university’s global presence is growing. CBNU is now the go-to university for international researchers and students. It has the largest student mobility among national universities in South Korea. Adding to that, CBNU has partnerships with more than 400 universities from 72 countries.
CBNU will continue to grow through constant innovation. In recent years, it has built a new library and museum. Celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2017, the university is renovating its campus into traditional Korean style, which will ultimately become the landmark in the region.
- College Of Agriculture and Life Sciences: Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Economics, Animal Biotechnology, Animal Science, Bio-industrial Machinery Engineering, Bioenvironmental Chemistry, Community Construction Engineering, Crop Agriculture & Life Science, Food Science & Technology, Forest Environment Science, Horticultural Science, Landscape Gardening, Wood Science & Technology
- College of Arts: Dance, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Korean Music, Music
- College of Commerce: Business Administration, Commerce & Trade, Economics
- College of Dentistry
- College of Education: Education, English Education, Ethics Education, Geography education, German Language Education, History Education, Korean Language Education, Mathematics Education, Physical Education, Science Education, Social Studies Education
- College of Engineering: Aerospace Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer System Engineering, Convergence Technology Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Information Systems Engineering, Intelligent Material Science & Engineering, IT Applied Systems Engineering, Macromolecule & Nano-Engineering, Mechanical Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical System Engineering, Metallurgical System Engineering, Municipal Engineering, Nano-Bio Mechanical System Engineering, Organic Materials & Fiber Engineering, Polymer Nano Science & Technology, Resources & Energy Engineering, Social Infrastructure Engineering, Software Engineering, Urban Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronic Materials Engineering & Quauntum System Engineering
- College of Environmental and Bioresource Sciences: Bioresource Distribution Economy, Biotechnology, Environmental & Bioresource Sciences, Food Science & Biotechnology, Herbal Medicine Resources
- College of Human Ecology: Child Studies, Clothing & Textiles, Food & Nutrition, Residential Environment
- College of Humanities: Archaeology and Cultural Anthropology, Chinese Literature, English Literature, French Literature, German Literature, History, Japanese Literature, Korean Language Literature, Library and Information Science, Philosophy, Spanish, Central and South American Literature
- College of Medicine: Medicine (Medical Science)
- College of Natural Sciences: Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Physics, Science Studies, Sports Science, Statistical Informatics, Semiconductor Science & Technology
- College of Nursing: Nursing
- College of Social Science: Mass Communication, Political Science and Diplomacy, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Welfare, Sociology
- College of Veterinary Medicine: Veterinary Medicine
- Global Frontier College: School of International Engineering and Science, The School of International Studies
- Faculty of Public Policy
General Graduate School
- Arts/Physical Education: Dance, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Korean Music, Music, Physical Education
- Engineering: Aerospace Engineering, Architecture & Urban Engineering, BIN Fusion Engineering, Civil Engineering, Convergence Technology Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic & Information Engineering (Computer Engineering), Electronic & Information Engineering (Electronic Engineering), Electronic & Information Material Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial System Engineering, IT Application System Engineering, Material Science, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical System Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Organic Fiber Engineering, Polymer & Nano Science & Technology, Resources & Energy Engineering, Semi-conductor & Chemical Engineering Faculty, Software Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences: Accounting, Business Administration, Chinese Language & Literature, Cultural Anthropology & Archaeology, Economics, Education, English Language & Literature, French Language & Literature, German Language & Literature, History, Japanese Language & Literature, Korean Language & Literature, Korean Society & Ethics, Language & Literature Education, Law, Library & Information Science, Mass Communication, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Science, Social Science Education, Social Welfare, Spanish & Central/South American Literature, Trade
- Natural Sciences: Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture, Animal Science, Bio-industry Machinery Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Ecological Landscape Design, Food Science & Technology, Forestry, Forestry Engineering, Herbal Resources, Horticulture, Housing Environment, Human Ecology, Landscape Engineering, Mathematics, Nursing, Physics, Science, Science Education, Statistic Information
- Academia Joint Courses: Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture, Animal Science, Bio-industrial Mechanical Engineering, Biology, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Material Engineering, Electronics & Information (Computer Engineering), Electronics & Information (Electronic Engineering), Food Science & Technology, Forestry, Forestry Engineering, Horticulture, Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Engineering, Image Engineering, Information & Communication, Landscape Engineering, Material Engineering, Metallurgy Engineering, New Organic Material Engineering, Polymer Nano Engineering, Semiconductor Chemical Engineering
- Interdisciplinary: Applied Plasma Engineering, Bio & Nano System Engineering, Bio-industrial Precision Machinery Engineering, Bioactive Material Science, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, Clinical Speech Pathology, Cognitive Science, Design & production Engineering, Ecological Landscape Design, Electronic Material Engineering, Energy Engineering, English Education, Healthcare Engineering, Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Engineering, Image Engineering, Information & Communication, Information Security Engineering, Intelligent Automotive system engineering, International Cyber Trade & Area Studies, IT Integrated System Engineering, Korean Music, Mechatromics Engineering, Medical Nutrition Therapy, Nano Semiconductor Display, Nano Technology, New Organic Material Engineering, Radiation Technology, Records Management, Sports Science, Technology & Culture, Technology & Public Policy
Specialized & Professional Graduate Schools
- Graduate School of Business Administration: Accounting, Business Administration, Industrial Economics, Trade
- Graduate School of Education: Adolescent Education & Guidance, Agricultural Education, Biology Education, Chemistry Education, Chinese Language & Literature Education, Clothing & Textiles Education, Commerce Education, Computer Science Education, Early Childhood Education, Earth Science Education, Educational Administration, Educational Methodology, Educational Psychology, English Language Education, Environmental Education, Ethics Education, Fine Arts Education, Food Preparation Education, Geography Education, German Language Education, History Education, Home Economics Education, Japanese Language Education, Korean Language Education, Library & Information Science Education, Mathematics Education, Music Education, Nursing Education, Philosophy Education, Physical Education, Physics Education, Sino-Korean Education, Social Education, Spanish Language Education
- Graduate School of Environment, Life & Resources: Architecture Environment, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Planning
- Graduate School of Industrial Technology: Industry Technology, Information Technology
- Graduate School of Information Science: Archives Management, Computer Information, Environment Information, Genetics Information, Library & Information, Management Information, Statistics Information
- Graduate School of Legal Affairs: Civil Law, Corporate law, Criminal Private Law, Labor & Welfare Law, Law of Real Estate, Local Government Law, Medical Law, Tax Law
- Graduate School of Natural Resources & Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Public Health: Health Management, Industry Health
- Graduate School of Public Administration: Journalism, Local Government, Public Administration, Psychology, Social Welfare, Sociology
- Graduate School of Dentistry: Dentistry
- Graduate School of Flexible Printed Electronics
- Graduate School of Law (Law School)
- Graduate School of Medicine (Medical School): Anatomy, Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine, Immunology, Medical Education, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Preventive Medicine & Public Health, Anesthesiology & Pain medicine, Biomedical Engineering, Dermatology, Diagnostic Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Laboratory Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology, Pediatrics, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, Rehabilitation Medicine, Surgery, Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery, Urology
- Chambit building
1) Fee: Approximately 1,000,000KRW/1 Semester
2) Meals: Three meals a day in dormitory cafeteria except Saturdays and Sundays.
They are banned from cooking in the dormitory for safety reasons
– Two persons in a room
– Each room is furnished with a desk, a chair, an air conditioner, a bed, a wardrobe, a telephone, bathroom
- Dormitory fees must be paid before arrival and transferred to a dormitory account at Chonbuk National University
– After the transfer is completed, the applicant’s English name is written on the receipt and a scanned copy is sent to the responsible person by e-mail
– Specific payment dates and accounts will be notified by e-mail
*Excluding weekend meals on dormitory fees
1). To complete more than 1 semester at home university
2). To be fluent in speaking and writing in either English/Korean language
3). Possess above 70 grade point average (GPA) of the whole period of study
What can we do for you, so that you can start studying at Chonbuk National University in South Korea?
World.uz – official representative of many higher education institutions abroad. We use the proven technologies of searching for academic programs and successful admission strategies, so our customers do not waste time searching for information and taking extra steps. While we are engaged in your admission, you can continue mastering a foreign language or preparing for exams.
- We give information on studying in South Korea for free;
- We select the university, school, courses and academic program;
- We prepare the correct set of documents;
- We send the application to an educational institution;
- We apply for scholarships/grants;
- We help you get a student visa;
- We organize a transfer to the door of the educational institution.
In order to get a free consultation, just fill out the form below and we will contact you during the working days!