The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia's first university and is regarded as one of the world's leading universities. The university is known as one of Australia's 6 sandstone universities. Its campus is ranked in the top 10 of the world's most beautiful universities by the British Daily Telegraph and The Huffington Post, spreading across the inner-city suburbs of Camperdown and Darlington. The university comprises nine faculties and university schools, through which it offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees.
The University of Sydney is a member of the Group of Eight, CEMS, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU), the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the Worldwide Universities Network.
- Mallett Street campus: The Mallett Street campus is home of the Sydney Nursing School.
- Cumberland campus: Formerly an independent institution (the Cumberland College of Health Sciences), the Cumberland campus in the Sydney suburb of Lidcombe was incorporated into the university as part of the higher education reforms of the late 1980s. It is home to the Faculty of Health Sciences, which covers various allied health disciplines, including physiotherapy, speech pathology, radiation therapy, occupational therapy, as well as exercise science and behavioural and social sciences in health.
- The Sydney Dental Hospital located in Surry Hills and the Westmead Centre for Oral Health which is attached to Westmead Hospital.
- Rozelle Campus: The Sydney College of the Arts (SCA) is based in a former sanitorium in the Sydney suburb of Rozelle, overlooking Port Jackson. The college specialises in the fine (visual) arts.
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music: Formerly the NSW State Conservatorium of Music, the Sydney Conservatorium of Music (SCM) is located in the Sydney CBD on the edge of Sydney's Royal Botanic Garden, a short distance from the Sydney Opera House. It became a faculty of the university in the 1990s and incorporates the main campus Department of Music, which was the subject of the documentary Facing the Music.
- Camden campus: Located in one of the most rapidly growing peri-urban areas in the country, Sydney's southwest. The Camden campus houses lecture theatres, research institutes, veterinary clinics and research farms for bioscience, environmental science, agriculture and veterinary science.
- Sydney CBD Campus: The University of Sydney Business School CBD Campus is located on Castlereagh Street in the heart of Sydney's CBD close to Town Hall station.
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Medicine and Health
- Architecture, Design and Planning
- Conservatorium of Music
Every course has a set of requirements you need to meet. These are specified on the course information page. These may include:
- Required qualifications such as a secondary school completion (eg, International Baccalaureate), a diploma, a bridging course or tertiary (college or university) course completion.
- They accept Australian and New Zealand university foundations programs and some overseas programs for admission. More than 80 percent of students who complete the University of Sydney Preparation Programs (USPP) consisting of the University of Sydney Foundation Program (USFP) and the High Achievers Preparation Program (HAPP) are accepted into one of their undergraduate courses.
- Assumed knowledge, where they assume you have reached a certain level of knowledge or have passed a relevant subject at Australian Year 12 level or equivalent.
- Prerequisites, including mathematics prerequisites.
- English language requirements: If you do not meet these requirements you may still be able to apply for your course and complete an English language course with an organisation such as the Centre for English Teaching. Click here for more information.
- Additional admission criteria: For some courses, including medicine, dentistry, education, music, oral health, visual arts and veterinary medicine, there may be additional admission criteria, such as an audition, interview, portfolio or personal statement.
- Any supporting documents that may be required.
- Paying a fee to submit your application. This applies to all international applicants but you may be eligible for a waiver.
- The 2021 QS World University Rankings ranked the University of Sydney 40th in the world, second nationally and top-ranked university in New South Wales. It is ranked 25th in the world by academic reputation. By Subject, QS ranked the University of Sydney in the top 50 across all five broad subject areas.
- The 2018 QS Graduate Employability Rankings ranked University of Sydney graduates 4th most employable in the world, 1st in Australia, and 2nd in the Asia Pacific region. In 2012, a human resources consultancy in Paris conducted a survey of recruiters in 20 countries and ranked Sydney as 49th in the world for employability.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 ranked the University of Sydney 59th in the world and 3rd in Australia, ahead of UNSW at 96th and 5th respectively.
- The University of Sydney Business School has cemented its place among the world's leading providers of business education with accreditation from AMBA, a leading authority on postgraduate management studies, thereby achieving the top one percent "triple crown" status.
- Business magazine Spear's placed the University of Sydney 44th in the world and 2nd in Australia in its table of "World's top 100 universities for producing millionaires".
What can we do for you, so that you can start studying at University of Sydney in Australia?
World.uz – official representative of many higher education institutions abroad. We use the proven technologies of searching for academic programs and successful admission strategies, so our customers do not waste time searching for information and taking extra steps. While we are engaged in your admission, you can continue mastering a foreign language or preparing for exams.
- We give information on studying in Australia for free;
- We select the university, school, courses and academic program;
- We prepare the correct set of documents;
- We send the application to an educational institution;
- We apply for scholarships/grants;
- We help you get a student visa;
- We organize a transfer to the door of the educational institution.
In order to get a free consultation, just fill out the form below and we will contact you during the working days!