Heriot-Watt University is a public research university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was established in 1821 as the School of Arts of Edinburgh, the world's first mechanics' institute, and subsequently granted university status by royal charter in 1966. It is the eighth oldest higher education institute in UK. The name Heriot-Watt was taken from Scottish inventor James Watt and Scottish philanthropist and goldsmith George Heriot.
Known for its focus on science and engineering, it is one of the 39 old universities in the UK comprising the second cluster of elite universities after Oxbridge.
Why Heriot-Watt University?
- They have five campuses across the world: Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, as well as 53 Approved Learning Partners and educational collaborative partners in 150 countries
- They have over 29,000 students studying with us at their campuses and online through distance learning
- One third of their on-campus students studying in Scotland are from outside the UK, making Heriot-Watt one of the most internationally diversified of any UK university
- You will become highly employable
- You will learn from world leading academics
- They offer help to finance your studies
- You will become globally connected
- You will develop life-long connections
Heriot-Watt is divided into six schools and one institute that coordinate its teaching and research:
- The School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society, incorporating petroleum engineering and renewable energy technology, architectural engineering, civil & structural engineering, construction management & surveying, geography and urban studies;
- The School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, incorporating chemical engineering, chemistry, electrical, electronic and computing engineering, mechanical engineering and physics;
- The School of Social Sciences, incorporating accountancy and finance, business management, economics and languages;
- The School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, incorporating actuarial mathematics and statistics, computer science and mathematics;
- The School of Textiles and Design;
- Edinburgh Business School, which offers postgraduate courses at MBA, MSc and DBA level;
- The Urban Institute, which is a research collaboration for urban studies between Heriot-Watt University and The University of Edinburgh
- Complete (2021) 35
- Guardian (2021) 61
- Times / Sunday Times (2021) 33
- ARWU (2020) 701-800
- CWTS Leiden (2020) 765
- QS (2021) 301
- THE (2021) 351-400
British Government assessment
- Teaching Excellence Framework Silver
What can we do for you, so that you can start studying at Heriot-Watt University in Scotland?
World.uz – official representative of many higher education institutions abroad. We use the proven technologies of searching for academic programs and successful admission strategies, so our customers do not waste time searching for information and taking extra steps. While we are engaged in your admission, you can continue mastering a foreign language or preparing for exams.
- We give information on studying in Scotland for free;
- We select the university, school, courses and academic program;
- We prepare the correct set of documents;
- We send the application to an educational institution;
- We apply for scholarships/grants;
- We help you get a student visa;
- We organize a transfer to the door of the educational institution.
In order to get a free consultation, just fill out the form below and we will contact you during the working days!