The University of Strathclyde is a public research university located in Glasgow, Scotland. Founded in 1796 as the Andersonian Institute, it is Glasgow's second-oldest university, having received its royal charter in 1964 as the first technological university in the United Kingdom. Taking its name from the historic Kingdom of Strathclyde, it is Scotland's third-largest university by number of students, with students and staff from over 100 countries.
The institution was named University of the Year 2012 by Times Higher Education and again in 2019, becoming the first university to receive this award twice. The annual income of the institution for 2017–18 was £304.4 million of which £68.9 million was from research grants and contracts, with an expenditure of £304.0 million. It is one of the 39 old universities in the UK comprising the distinctive second cluster of elite universities after Oxbridge.
Faculty of Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design, Manufacture and Engineering Management
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- National Centre for Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Naval Architecture, Ocean and Marine Engineering
Faculty of Science
- Chemistry, Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Humanities & Social Sciences (HaSS)
- School of Applied Social Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Government & Public Policy
- School of Humanities
- School of Law
- School of Psychological Sciences and Health
- School of Social Work and Social Policy
Strathclyde Business School
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Management Science
- Strategy and Organization
For entry on to an undergraduate degree program, they will consider the following:
- completion of a recognized Foundation Program
- successful completion of at least one year of university study in Uzbekistan
- If English isn't your first language, you'll need to provide proof of English language proficiency from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Their general requirement is IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall (no individual band less than 5.5).
- Complete (2021) 35
- Guardian (2021) 15
- Times / Sunday Times (2021) 23
- ARWU (2020) 401–500
- CWTS Leiden (2020) 209
- QS (2021) 300
- THE (2021) 401–500
What can we do for you, so that you can start studying at The University of Strathclyde in Scotland?
World.uz – official representative of many higher education institutions abroad. We use the proven technologies of searching for academic programs and successful admission strategies, so our customers do not waste time searching for information and taking extra steps. While we are engaged in your admission, you can continue mastering a foreign language or preparing for exams.
- We give information on studying in Scotland for free;
- We select the university, school, courses and academic program;
- We prepare the correct set of documents;
- We send the application to an educational institution;
- We apply for scholarships/grants;
- We help you get a student visa;
- We organize a transfer to the door of the educational institution.
In order to get a free consultation, just fill out the form below and we will contact you during the working days!